Welcome & Introduction
We value highly our partnership with our parents and carers and welcome feedback on any aspect of school life. We invite stakeholders to contact us at any point of the year in order to communicate their experiences of Calthorpe Park School and we welcome feedback in any form in order to continually improve the education and service we provide for young people.
On our 'Contact Us' pages, there are email addresses, enquiry and feedback forms that we regularly monitor in order to inform improvements and reply to concerns.
In addition, it is possible to answer a short OFSTED questionnaire regarding different aspects of school life called ‘Parent View’. Whilst we are able to monitor responses to this questionnaire, we are unable to respond directly to them.
Should you wish to complete the Parent View questionnaire, please click here.
We are always trying to improve the way we communicate and share information with parents and our school website has been designed with this in mind. To help you find your way around, here is a recap:
- If we have any urgent or vital messages these are shown in the Announcement bar running just below the main photos on the home page.
- Our main notices are now showing on our Noticeboard. This is at the bottom of the home page, or you can find them by selecting Notices in the News menu. These notices will generally include information about forthcoming events and trips over the next few days, along with any vital messages from school. These are updated regularly during the week so can be checked at any time. Within the notices, there is our link to Amazon - please use this link when placing an order from Amazon as this contributes to fundraising for the school.
- Also on our front page are some quick links to take you to key areas. These are currently our school calendar, a list of key dates and the Headteachers' blog.
- Use the menus at the top of the page to explore the site further too - About Us includes a welcome from the Headteachers and from senior students, our Ethos and Vlues, the House System, our exam results and latest Ofsted Report. Information contains details of our school improvement, policies, term dates and calendar, under News, we have sections for blogs, news, notices and newsletters, additional information in the Students and Parents menus. For anyone joining the school, whether this is a new student, member of staff or via the School Direct programme, there is information in the Joining Us menu.
- To access Moodle, for news and resources, please click on the padlock at the top right of the screen on the main website. Alternatively, use this link - vle.calthorpepark.hants.sch.uk. Our News items at the bottom of the home page are read out during morning registration and can be accessed at any time. These are messages for students or staff who are in the building and generally relate to events or meetings happening on a daily basis.
- On Moodle all are our department pages are shown on the front page and homework for students is shown in the Home Learning block on the left.
- Each Friday, an email is sent home to parents containing a link to all letters that have been issued during the week and giving a recap of any notices of forthcoming events or messages. Very few letters are given out on paper; they are uploaded to the Letters section (in the Parents menu) when they are issued during the week so feel free to check this area at any time, rather than waiting until Friday. If you are not receiving the weekly email and would like to sign up please contact Mrs Hale.
Our Communications, Learning and e-Safety Charters can be viewed below.