Ethos and Values
The Aims of Calthorpe Park School:
- To educate the whole child for the whole of their life through heart, mind, body and spirit
- To care for all young people unconditionally and to value them equally
- To aspire to academic excellence and to support students to achieve the highest standards in everything they do
- Always to promote growth mind-sets that inspire students to be the best they can be; never to create educational ceilings or boundaries
- To educate people to aspire for themselves and inspire others in their achievement, approach and attitude
To provide purposeful learning opportunities and experiences that:
- Enable students to achieve their highest academic standards
- Stimulate engagement and integrity in personal and intellectual challenge
- Develop a love of learning and an insatiable curiosity
- Promote a sense of confidence, happiness and wellbeing
- Engender generosity of spirit, mutual respect and kindness
- Build capacity for independence of thought, resilience and sustained hard work
- Nurture an understanding of wisdom and patience
- Recognise the power and joy of commitment, collaboration and mutual achievement
- To promote an environment in which each student will develop a willingness to contribute to the community and world in which they live
The Calthorpe Way
We have recently launched our ‘Calthorpe Way’ initiative. Students have attended a schedule of introductory assemblies, and they have seen related displays appearing around the school. We will be talking and presenting the following linked images at upcoming Parents’ Evenings.
We speak and write regularly to our community about our values and vision for Calthorpe Park. ‘The Calthorpe Way’ reinforces and crystalises these values by clarifying our expectations for behaviour and attitudes and focusing on what they should look like in the day-to-day life of our school.
Please watch this space for further details.
Melanie Hooper and Martin Amos