English Summer Home Learning
Parents should be aware that students in years 7 & 8 have summer home learning – directed reading – which is due the first week back in September. Years 9 and 10 also have reading/revision and preparation home learning for English, so they will need to look on Moodle at the end of term to check for details.
As a reminder, the work for Y9 and Y10 is as follows:
1. Read ‘Lord of the Flies’ – don’t worry if you can’t understand it all – but read an online chapter summary to help your understanding.
2. Re-read Macbeth.
3. Make sure the Macbeth study booklet is complete.
Reminder – should already have:
978 01983 24003 Macbeth (Oxford School Shakespeare)
978 0571 191475 Lord of the Flies (Faber)
978 0141 439730 The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde And other Tales (Penguin Classics)*
a lever arch folder with dividers and punched pockets
1. Re-read ‘Lord of the Flies’, Macbeth and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde.
2. Review all Year 10 work and organise it ready for Y11.
3. Prepare revision cards/notes.
4. Revise the poetry anthology poems
5. Re-write any assessments you want to improve.
Back to Homepage