Book and Word of the Week
Book of the Week for w/c 25/3/19 – Death by Detention By Ali Sparkes
“Six tell-tale signs it's just not your day ....
1. You've got after school detention with the head teacher
2. He's making you do the stupid test you blew out this morning
3. He just got shot
4. A team of masked assassins is sweeping the school, to eliminate any witnesses (that's you by the way)
5. You're stuck in the girl's toilet with nowhere left to run
6. Your head teacher comes back as a zombie.
Alone in their school with five ruthless gunmen and an undead head, Oakwood's two worst students have never had bleaker prospects.”
Word of the Week for the w/b 25/03/19 is: IMPERATIVE (adjective)
Meaning : Extremely urgent and important.
Example : “It's imperative to act now before the problem gets really serious.”
Word of the Week winneres: it’s a coup for S07 this week; well done, Somerville!
Winner: Eden A, S07: “ Edward was always embarrassing because of the way he was obsequious to anyone older than him.” (Box of Maltesers, 3 house points)
Highly Commended: Joshua T, S07: “ My friend is always extremely obsequious to Mr Amos.” (2 house points, lolly)
Commended: James B, SO7: “She was very obsequious towards anyone in authority.” (1 house point, lolly)Back to Noticeboard