If you know that your son/daughter needs to leave school during the day the following is required:
- Write a note on the relevant date in their homework diary or write a letter to their form tutor explaining the reason for their absence and the time they need to leave school
- The note must then be shown to their form tutor during morning registration
- The form tutor will sign it to acknowledge the note has been seen
- The student must retain the note.
- If the student is due to leave during a lesson the note must again be shown to the teacher whose class they wish to leave.
- The student should then ‘sign out’ at the attendance office and hand the note in.
- If the student needs collecting from school during break or lunch, they must go straight to the ‘signing out’ sheet, sign out and hand the note to a member of staff. The note must of course have already been seen and signed by the form tutor during morning registration
Arriving late to school:
- If you are aware in advance that your child will be late to school
- Please write a note in their homework diary or write a letter to their form tutor explaining the reason for their late arrival in advance of the date if possible
- Alternatively, please telephone the school on 01252 613483 and leave a message on the answering service explain the reason for the late arrival. (This service is available 24/7).
- If the arrival to school is anticipated to be after the start of morning registration at 8.40am students must sign in at the attendance office.